it's a blustery day, Pooh
the wind was unbelievable today. i've never seen such winds outside of the hurricane context. i walked to the gym and at times couldnt' move forward because the wind was pushing me back. when i was standing waiting to cross the street I had to hold onto a sign post to keep from getting blown over, no joke. as i approached the bridge over the second-ring road i saw people crowded on the bridge sidewalk looking at something. i stopped and rubbernecked too, of course, and what i saw was several huge sheet of metal lying in the middle of the highway, blocking off all of the traffic. the explanation seemed to be that they had blown off of some building and landed in the road. !!?? luckily no one had gotten trapped underneath, as far as i could see. migrant workers were out there trying to drag them out of the road. there was a chinese guy with a big camera on the bridge taking pictures of the whole thing, but the police came along... "hey, pengyou (friend), enough pictures!" only in china...
on another note, it is unfortunate that the gym i just joined is located directly above the McDonalds. The whole place smells like a hamburger and the whole time I am working out I just think about big macs and sundaes.
on another note, it is unfortunate that the gym i just joined is located directly above the McDonalds. The whole place smells like a hamburger and the whole time I am working out I just think about big macs and sundaes.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home